Thursday, February 23, 2006

TV Fan

Okay, so i know a few people who were born with a silver spoon in their mouths, i on the other hand was born with a tv remote in mine.

I know there are a lot of tv fans out there, i mean with reality shows at an all time high...It not hard to imagine. But i mean i watch tv... i dissect, inspect and suspect the boob tube to a tee.

Hi! My name is Kelitu and i am a Tvnista by heart! A tvnista (coined from fashionista) is someone who is up and current on the latest tv shows(drama, reality and comedy) having a knowledge of future episodes yet to air and can fairly critic any current show.

Trust me i did not pick up this habit the other day when i moved across the Atlantic, this is an age-old tradition born and breed back in the former "City in the Sun" when we only had 2 Tv stations. I mean i loved KBC as much as the next guy, but c'mon! Thank God when KTN came about, all flashy and whatnot and shanurad City folk. I tell you their female presenters looked sooo pretty,bright and poised. I used to say, "When i grow up i want to be like Catherine Kasavuli." KBC on the other hand had the gorgeous Ann Ofula (who in my opinion should have moved to greener pastures loong time ago). But the rest of the girls looked a bit dusty.

So that was when the flipping channel thingi started. Trust me there was no greater thrill than flipping between Vioja Mahakamani and Style with Elsa Klench. I could easily tell you about the fall gowns of Bill Blass and the defense strategy that the mshtakiwa (usually it was tamaa bin tamaa always caught up in some crazy drama) will be using, all in one sentence.

It was an all out war for the tv remote in our house, esp between my younger siblings and I.(it's an Alpha female thing). So we fought, clawed and eyeballed each other just to get the clicker. It was sooo bad, that when i use to go to the bathroom i would go with the remote, incase one of my sibs had plans of a coup d'etat while i was away. It got sooo bad, that my parents eventually bought their own teli and left us fight amongst ourselves with the old one downstairs. Needless to say, i was the reigning champ.

When i finally left the nest, i guess i carried the habit with me. I am always channel surfing at any one time, even when i am watching the news. I gotta see who is going to get to the meat of the story before i begin to dose off. My pals can't watch any tv shows with me coz they are always complaning about my flip-flip action, ati they can't follow the story. LOL! Sorry but i can't just watch one show from start to finish plus the commercials...i will go batty!!
I have been told to buy another TV set so that i can watch 2 shows at once... nope i don't want to, i love the thrill of using one remote(is isn't that the reason, why the remote comes fully equiped?!) and no i don't have time for tivo as well. I am a here and now chick. I may record it but i don't think i will end up watching, coz once the vibe hits the water cooler, it ain't hot no more.

The most flipping i have ever done, was one Friday evening (bored to death and with no nite-out plans). I decided to watch 4 shows that were all airing at the same hour on 4 different channels. I was doing pretty well coz apparently i have noticed that nearly all tv stations run commercials almost at the same time. But then a srew up occurred, (2 of the shows i was watching were about aliens), so when i was over here browsing the investigative report going on, some sh*t happened on one of the alien show, and safe to say i go lost, i could back track on the tivo but then i would have to it for the other 3. So, i lost one show and the other alien thing was moving soo slow it lost me well... then i got pived and completely lost track of another show(it was a movie, i can't even recall). By the time the hour was done i felt pretty bummed and very exhausted(this is hard work you know).I had nothing to share with my other tvnistas the next day. I finally realised that my limit is 3 shows and one of them has to be a reality show, that way i can pace myself.

So, next time you are juggling 2 or more shows, remember i am there with ya!


3 comments:

Farmgal said...

You must be an authority in multitasking!

Kelitu said...

farmgal,
yes i am! i multitask so much i don't think it's normal. when i'm in the car,i text message while driving and drinking tea and yes i have had those tea slipping episodes where i promise not to do it again, but i can't stop.

Prousette said...

If I had to share a TV with you am sure I would kill you or rather we would kill each other. I cannot stand people who zap thro' channels.
Lovely post.