Saturday, February 25, 2006

Diet Diary

So, i'm on this strungi (black tea) diet. I drink about 4 or more cups of strungi daily,(it's a good appetite suppressant you know).

Why am i dieting you may ask? Oh, sooo many reasons, not enough time. Well mainly because i'm vain like that.

Here's the deal, i have wedding to go to(sadly it ain't mine) :-( and since i got my invitation last month, i have been dieting like crazy to lose a couple of pounds. I heard thru the grapevine (aka my perpetually dieting galfriend) that the protein diet is good, so instead of slaving over a hot stove cooking fish, steak and chicken everynight, i went out and bought protein shake.(Look, it's the best i could come up with on short notice).

I have been gulping that shake like i in need to go into rehab (is it so delicious, i can't seem to put it down. Is this how addictions start?) I then discovered that it makes me go to the bathroom a lot! Boy oh boy, i have been in my bathroom so many times,that it got me thinking... "i need to makeover this joint!" I am a clueless kind of chick when it comes to makeover stuff. Don't get me wrong i can srew in a mean bulb, fix a leak and whatnot but when it comes to redecorating, i am as blank as a sheet of paper. So, if any one of you has the warm line to Nate Berkus...let a sista know.

So, back to my diet, i'm doing well with the strungi as well as the protein shake. I have cut down on eating a lot of junk food (coz i'm practically known in some take-away spots).
I wanted to add that extra kick to my diet and since i happen to have a deadly allergy to the gym, i have picked up walking (only during the weekends). So i prance around from block to block pretending to look busy or for a sale. I once tried to walk about in my winter boots (in my head i was going for the stair master effect) and lets just say it was not a pretty sight when i got home (um, i think the 31/2 inch heel was a little to much for the task).
Therefore, i decided to be a reasonable person and went and bought ...Oh My Goodness...flats! I know i know,even i was shocked by the purchase,but everyone needs a fair chance once in a while. And guess what? I LOVE THEM!! I mean the comfort, the ease, i may be closer to the ground than before but who cares, i got my feet smiling and all thatgood stuff. Yeeii!

I have lost some weight,phew! about 5 pounds. My heart rate is pretty good, I don't heave as much as i use to and i can easily catch my breath when i do a flight of steps. Hooray!

The wedding is still a ways off, which is good coz i get to lose a bit more, (i promise not to go for the Nichole Richie look) about 10 more pounds and promise to look my best at the event. You know i heard that there are good catches at weddings, mmhhh?!. Don't give me the screw face, yes i am doing it for brothers as well, is that sooo bad?!

4 comments:

Nakeel said...

All the best with the dieting.
As you loook forward to the wedding hope the loosing of pounds will be recognized and awarded with a catch.. loool

Trybless said...

hi, Kelitu just watch out for the wedding crashers, they are there to appreciate your new lost pounds and confuse you alittle bit (hope you have watched the movie)

Girl in the Meadow said...

Gosh strungi gives me appetite like a problem. All the best dear,

Uaridi said...

Keep the diet up, it is so hard to loose the kilos once they are attached to our bodies!!! Remember to drink lots of water.